My Scratch Pad

To jot down some memorable events in my journey

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Pandora's Box




Hi All,
I was thinking about blogging for a longggggggg time. Why was I thinking about it? Firstly, I don’t need to shell out bucks to either think or blog ;D

Secondly, I usually do something totally new for the New Year. Early this year, I started wearing western clothes for the very first time in my life. For this New Year, it is the blog.

Thirdly, I needed to bring about a fresh perspective to my life. Of late, people around had started telling that I am ‘serious(in the sense not chillax). In the initial phases, like any other Leo, I used to rebel saying that I am NOT ‘serious. However, I just tried looking into myself and found to have metamorphosed from a bubbly, ever-energetic college student with 16-hour busy schedules a day, to a person, who is very skeptical, over-sensitive and over-cautious. There were a string of nasty and unhappy incidents (which I will not deal with) which had left me lonely (in the crowd), rejected, dejected and at an all-time-low. It was as if some Dementor (courtesy: Harry Potter) had sucked out all the energy and happiness from me. It was as if I was a demonstrator for the Murphy’s Law“When things go wrong, they all go wrong at the same time”. But, what the heck!!!! I am NOT a “Loser”. I need to kick life on its butt and get it running. Yeah! I know that was a cribbo start!! For all I know, it takes a fair amount of courage to speak out and accept in a public forum like this. This blog is an effort to rejuvenate myself. (Effort to rejuvenate – doesn’t that sound like an oxymoron).

So, I first created the Welcome blog when my manager was busy talking to the clients. I need to use the office resources efficiently, you see. Later, talked to one of my close friends Goutham on what to write. He said write a blog on the topic “you donno what to write”!!! Early morning, next day, I woke up my brother, achievement of its own kind. When I asked him what to write, he said “Games”!!!, as though I would think that would be innovative. I would have been rather surprised if he had come up with something else. Then I thought for about two hours and got this piece out. Just looked around to see what I can write about. In fact, lots to write. Books, friends, office, college, hobbies, culture, technology, sports, places, politics, stock market, bad roads, traffic…the list goes on. That’s why named this blog, “Pandora’s box” as it opens up a plethora of things to blog about.

This blog is dedicated to all my pals, colleagues and family members (I left out only strangers, I guess :D). The previous statement would have reminded you of a pep talk by a film star on receiving some award. Yeah!! That’s right!! I am a star of my own right and the precious award I have got is the Beauuutiful LIFE around…..

Merry Christmas to All. Wish you all a great year ahead!!!




Quote of the moment: Nothing is constant, BUT change.



Next to come: Bindaas Brother



4 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger Soumya said...

hey vandu,

great to hear from u...and ur first blog is so good...happy new year to u too and good luck with writing...it'd be fun reading ur blog...i'm so glad u've started writing...it keeps us closer in touch...

p.s: i loved ur idea of "next to come"...like a trailer to a movie...keeps curiosity alive...

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Deeps said...

Welcome Welcome Welcome. Tantara tantara (In the case you didn't get that, thats the music that's usually played in the background when a star arrives anywhere ;-) :-D). I'm really glad that I have another close friend in blog world.

The spirit of the post says it all! Way to go lady!! Life throws lots of hurdles in our paths and it has been especially more in your case, but I know you will come out as a winner :). Keep up the spirits :).

Since you are a blogging amateur, as an expert of Months of blogging (haven't crossed an year yet :-p), would like to say 2 points:

1) Please don't forget to blog.
2) Please don't forget not to blog ;-).

To explain the 2nd point, blogging can become an addiction in a short time, so take it easy :).

Happy blogging!! BTW now I can claim that mine was the first comment on your blog and boast about that in my whole life :-D >:)

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Vanditha said...

Hey Soumya,

Thnx man...I know this is a great way to keep in touch...

I was thinking of blogging for quite some time... so had some ideas. Thats what has reflected in the section "Next to come". There are so many competitors in this blog world (Deeps..its you :D), that I need to market well to keep the blog going :D

Hey Deeps,

Thanks for the 'starry' welcome. I know blogging is an addiction. Already seen that in the last 3 days. Working on it even in office :D

Googly...BTW you are not the first one to comment... :D Soumya can boast about it...

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Deeps said...

Oh shucks, but still I was the second to comment :-D. And I'm glad that its Soum who "overtook" me :-D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home