My Scratch Pad

To jot down some memorable events in my journey

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Number Game

The idea for this post struck to me when I was discussing with a friend as to how I spend my time during a traffic jam (which occurs daily) on the way to office.

Read the following somewhere:

One hour of my life is worth more than $12. – Almost any ‘fancy’ dinner is a waste!!!!

Huh? Though I am not so rigid on time management, I am particular on how I utilize my time in the best possible way. I seek activities which are intellect stimulating when I am alone, and so the craze for Sudoku, a Japanese number game surfaced. This game was introduced by many leading newspapers in Bangalore few months back. More details about how to play this game can be found here. You can play it online as well here.

I found this game really engaging and brain sharpening. Solving Sudoku collectively with friends and colleagues is also great fun (provided you are dominant ;D). Hope you too get a go at it!! Though, "complex" initially, slowly the Sudoku fever catches up!!

Signing off!!



Trivia of the Moment: Highest number of games originated in India. (It seems so ironic seeing our performance in Olympic Games)

Next to Come: Me in ChinkyLand – Crossing the seas

6 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Deeps said...

I love sudokus too. But damn, are they addictive!! If I sit in front of the computer playing sudoku, I don't have any hosh of time, until I finsh the game.

So you should advice your readers not to try this game during office time, warna their boss might be standing next to them for hours and they'll not realize it ;-).

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Vanditha said...

Deeps,
Do warning bells help? :D Mebbe sudoku bonds the boss and his/her sub-ordinates ;D I have tried that :D

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Soumya said...

Haven't tried yet...But sure looks intimidating...
Hey, I loved ur signature...Very creative...

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Vanditha said...

Soumya,

Do try when you have some time. As Deeps warned, it is really addictive.

You liked my signature! Actually, this used to be my signature in all those paintings, embroidery work etc in the "Art by" section. I thought I will use it for my blog as well. After I posted, I felt it was childish and thought I should discontinue from the next post. Anyway, thanks for liking it. I am in dual mind now on whether to continue using it in my next post or not :D

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Harish Suryanarayana said...

Suduko is a simple mind bender . Thats what makes it so brilliant . And yes .. giving your mind something to work on is much much better than letting it idle !

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Vanditha,

Just went through your blog. "Kinda irrelevant comment in the Sudoko section. But thought this might catch your eye." You're just the same as ever. Very well thought over and well written story of friends who're and have been in your life. I just thought we might as well make up for our "silly fight" now.....:)
I'm not a blogger, so this is my e-mail id and maybe I'll get to read an e-mail from you sometime. srividyay@yahoo.com

-- Srividya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home