My Scratch Pad

To jot down some memorable events in my journey

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

BlogMares

My frequency of writing posts to my blog has been very low :( Is it that the beginner’s enthusiasm and addiction to my blog diminished? I pondered over this point and could get a very clear answer “NO”!!! How do I prove this? Ok. Here it goes.

  1. I talk blog, walk blog, think blog, dream blog. That’s an exaggeration!! But I am thinking in blog lines whenever some incident happens in my life. I keep thinking how I could blog that incident, what would be the title, the contents etc.
  2. I carry my camera most of the time with me to capture some beautiful moments.
  3. I already have quite some ideas in my head running. Put down some in writing too. At least the concept is on paper…err…MS Word
  4. I want to write a Blook (Blog Book). I want to write a book too on a topic I have in mind some time soon in future ;D (I know some of you would be terming this as “Day Dreaming”. But… )

Ok!! Whats stopping me from writing. I know you would be thinking this lady is going to come up with lame excuses. But, as I have mentioned over and again, I am quite insensitive to what you think and here is why I am not able to blog frequently

  1. Monday to Friday – Weekdays are pretty long for me. Start to office at 7a.m and come back only at 10 p.m. No No!!! I am not one of the work worms. Just that I even gym in the office campus!!! This is just to avoid the peak time Bangalore Traffic jams!!
  2. Weekends just fly.
  3. There are sometimes, I have the concept, idea and content ready. But the flow of the post just does not satisfy me. Even the last post, I posted it half hearted!!
  4. The “Next to Come” section in my blog also is holding me back in posting alternate posts. No!! I am not going to stop it. This section is my challenge. I need to retain it around and overcome it. Life should not be smoothened by de-weeding challenges (OK!! A little gyan there. But what the heck!! This is my blog. I can do whatever I want ;D)
  5. Lots of other personal and professional commitments take higher priority :(

Having said all this, how am I going to handle this

  1. Write shorter and crisper posts – This way I can get some time to work on my ideas even on work days.
  2. Accept a post need not be written in one shot. You can have many sittings and fine tune it every time.
  3. Dedicate some predetermined time for blogging (Anybody out there who has an idea if this works, please let me know through comments ;D)

Let us see how things uncurl going forwards. Suggestions / Comments from my dear readers are welcome :D


Signing off!!



Resolution of the Moment: Write one post at least for one week. (Do resolutions work? :D But lemme try)

Next to Come: Me in ChinkyLand – Cross Cultural Sensitivity

10 Comments:

At 3:17 AM, Blogger Shyam said...

your blog is named ..."its my scratch pad" antha. So, you should be just scribbling whatever comes to mind.

Just scratch something and don't think too much about it :) this will give natural flow to the blog.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Vanditha said...

Shyam,

You have given me an idea. No! Not to scribble anything into my blog. But to change the name of my blog. :D

Though I agree with you. I would not be able to write anything and everything. I presume myself to be a pseudo-perfectionist :D

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Vanditha said...

Anon,

Thanks for your comments. I would take them into consideration.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Soumya said...

And here I was thinking that u software people spend so much time on the computer that writing blogs is so much easier for u...Looks like its not so easy after all...

Take it cool yaar...Never mind about the frequency...It is ur blog, write whenever u want(or can)...I think ure doing great as it is...One post a week sounds a great idea...Photos of everyday life would be wonderful too...

All said and done, ure doing a great job of writing; don't pressurise urself...Write at ur own pace and satisfaction...

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Vanditha said...

Soum,

Thanks yaar. That was re-assuring

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Deeps said...

Arey blogging is not about deadlines yaar. You know that we already have so many deadlines, if you make blogging one, you'll never be able to make it ;-). Take it easy :-D.

You say you have ideas, put them into words in your own time. Use the "Save as draft" button you have when you are creating a post. You can even change the timings of the post to reflect when you want it posted.

And remember you need not write for the readers of the blog. Loyal readers will come back no matter how long you take :). Write for yourself, whenever you can. Basically, enjoy the process of putting thoughts into words :).

Have fun :).

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Vanditha said...

Deeps,

Yep, I agree that I should write for my own sake rather than my reader's sake(I am saying this as though I am a Booker Prize winner :D).

That's exactly I am unhappy about. I am not able to take out time even though I have lots to write. This way all the ideas are getting blurred.

Thats the exact reason of the resolution to set aside time :D

Your suggestions have pepped me up.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Chaitanya Sagar said...

I blog on whatever is bothering me. That way I don't have to think a topic from scratch. Its like recording what you are going through... [but not an online diary]. I research a bit on the topic and write. I get clarity on stuff I am confused on and I can share that[as in 'enlightenment'.. not the confusion] at the same time.

ciao
CS

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Shubha said...

i am with u totally on this one. u are not alone. funny enough my latest blog is "to blog or not to blog"! we sound alike on this. u are doing good. i like the chinkyland series - the chain & flow of it is cool. keep it up. good luck.

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Vanditha said...

Chanakya,

Thanks for those inputs. I am glad to know the various ways of blogging. :D

Shubha,

Great to have you on my blog.
Thanks for appreciating the ChinkyLand series. I am enjoying writing it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home