My Scratch Pad

To jot down some memorable events in my journey

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Look Who's Riding

“Titanic” is one of the few movies I really like for both its cinematic excellence as well as gripping story line weaved with the facts of a real life tragedy. One scene which I really like from that movie is the penultimate scene, where Rose Dawson, the old lady is sleeping on her bed and there are many photo frames at her bedside. Photos about her illustrious life, a satisfied life, a life lived to the fullest. I had wished from the bottom of my heart that when I am on my deathbed, I should have such photo frames by my side!!

In one of the photos, this lady is riding a horse. No points for guessing. Yes!! I got a chance when I went to Mahabalipuram, a fortnight ago. For the first time ever, I was up on a horse ;D


That’s me on the horse “Blackie”. I must say it was a very fulfilling moment. Each penny spent on this was more than worth it. In fact, the exhilarated feeling I had is invaluable.

With this spirit, the re-incarnation of Jhansi Rani, that’s me, went on to have some shooting practice too at Marina beach later.


Wow!! I got 9 out of 10 shots spot on! Boy!! I had a ball of a time. The more interesting part is all this happened when I went to Chennai on an official assignment. Is it just a coincidence that such wonderful things happen to me on my official trips? :D (See “Me in ChinkyLand Series”).


Signing off!!




Feeling of the Moment: Top of the World (Oops!! Was I just on top of the horse??)

Next to Come: Me in ChinkyLand – Battle of the ChopSticks

6 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger Shyam said...

Vanditha going great guns???!!!!
You did ghoda savaari and gun shooting??? are you preparing for some Jhansi ki raani role???

how will it be if you did a haathi savaari???? Not yet "on top of the world", but surely, higher than being on horse :).

Horse photo yenO sari... how to believe that it was a real horse??? Did it run??? If not, next time, just take the 'lagaam' and pull it'. apne aap doudega.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Deeps said...

Hmmm coincidence or what!! But thats exactly what I thought when I saw the end of Titanic too. For me it was more like I want to do and experience what all possible in my life. Not exaclty photo frames, but the gist is the same. Life is too short, so live while you can eh? ;-) :-D. Keep the spirits up!!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Vanditha said...

Shyam,

I am not preparing for Jhansi Rani's role but I am her re-incarnation (oh man!! day dreaming) :D

Hey..You have given me an idea. Next time it will Haathi Savaari. ;D

How mean. Thats a real horse. I have a video too of moving on it. I cant put it here due to size restrictions ;D

Deeps,

Great minds think alike!!!! ;D

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger I am said...

nice shot. horse riding is fun if you can make it run..or go faster :) - tanu

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Chaitanya Sagar said...

Good post. Good blog.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Vanditha said...

Chanakya,

Thank you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home